Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sony's Security Problems

We now know, thanks to Howard Stringer, no network is secure. Thanks for the tip. Here's what I can't understand about Sony and its subscription services. Once I pay for the service, I can't delete my credit card from their system (except maybe by cancelling service altogether). It stays locked in your Station Account, ready to be hacked.

Given the inability of Sony to secure my personal data, I would prefer the option of paying with my credit card as I need to, but never storing it with them. Why doesn't Sony allow this? It makes it easier for them to collect payments. But if you don't have the data, you can't lose it.

Please, Sony, let me remove my credit card info from your 'safe' hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!